MacBook Pro 16 inch touch bar freezing?

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
funnyinterestingcool

Founder

MacBook Pro 16 inch touch bar freezing?

Post by funnyinterestingcool » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:50 pm

I notice after I leave my MacBook Pro 16" on and come back (dimmed the screen) to turn the screen on from the touch bar, it's unresponsive. No matter how many times I tap the touch-bar it won't respond. So I can't see anything on my screen and I am forced to reboot. I am sure this is just a bug in 10.15 Catalina for now, but annoying.

The best of the Internet. Dedicated to the most funny, interesting, and cool stuff on the Internet today.

steveymix

Re: MacBook Pro 16 inch touch bar freezing?

Post by steveymix » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:06 pm

I've had the same exact issue, called Apple about it and they ran me through a b.s. "hardware reboot" after leaving me on hold for an hour. The second I hopped off the phone with them, it happened again.

funnyinterestingcool

Founder

Re: MacBook Pro 16 inch touch bar freezing?

Post by funnyinterestingcool » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:44 pm

steveymix wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:06 pm
I've had the same exact issue, called Apple about it and they ran me through a b.s. "hardware reboot" after leaving me on hold for an hour. The second I hopped off the phone with them, it happened again.
There are a couple of 10.15 beta's released that I'm hoping will address this issue. Hopefully the update is released this week.
I haven't tried the beta's yet, so if someone has and they have seen the issue go away please let us know

The best of the Internet. Dedicated to the most funny, interesting, and cool stuff on the Internet today.