IRS Stimulus: We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or You're not eligible for a payment.

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
funnyinterestingcool

Founder

IRS Stimulus: We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or You're not eligible for a payment.

Post by funnyinterestingcool » Mon May 04, 2020 8:46 pm

Payment Status Not Available
We are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because:

We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or
You're not eligible for a payment.
For more information about why you're receiving this message, see our Frequently Asked Questions.

You can check the application again to see whether there has been an update to your information. Get My Payment data is updated once per day, so there's no need to check back more often.
irs-payment-status-not-available.png
irs-payment-status-not-available.png (203.44 KiB) Viewed 3589 times

The best of the Internet. Dedicated to the most funny, interesting, and cool stuff on the Internet today.

stillwaiting2020

Re: IRS Stimulus: We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or You're not eligible for a payment.

Post by stillwaiting2020 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:18 pm

I too have been getting this message. I know I qualify, a joint filing status with my wife and kids of two, and both of us are out of a job and yet we have not seen a penny. I have read that the IRS has mistakenly send the money to people that are already dead or even work visa immigrants (which both should not be entitled to any money). How the IRS got the algorithm to allow that is beyond me. I am a programmer, they probably got some weak programmers that do not even look at the entire metrics within the database to filter which person should get it. Obviously, it is hard to determine if someone is already dead, but shouldn't citizens be an easy filter? Combine the database with USCIS to be part of the filter. If you have half ass programmers, do expect to have weak or loop holes in IRS website as well. We need everything to be air tight during this time, to ensure the well being of the country.