A clever eBay scammer exposed

The best of the Internet. Dedicated to the most funny, interesting, and cool stuff on the Internet today.
funnyinterestingcool

Founder

A clever eBay scammer exposed

Post by funnyinterestingcool » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:01 pm

I recently sold an eBay item. As soon as it sold, I received a private message in eBay from a user claiming they just purchased my item and wanted to update the shipping address. I immediately knew the eBay account that contacted me was a scam because of that request, but what I did not realize right away is that they DID NOT make the actual purchase of the item.

What Happened:

After investigating, I realized a reputable eBay buyer purchased my item. I got all the updates via eBay email messages and I never bothered to actually look at the eBay buyer account name. Soon after, I received an unsolicited private message from another eBay account claiming they just purchased my item and wanted to update the shipping address (this eBay user was watching my item and was notified once it sold). All along, I was tricked into believing that unsolicited eBay account (that messaged me) made my purchase. It didn't matter at that point though, I called eBay and said I wanted to cancel the entire transaction (still not knowing a reputable eBay account bought my item).

I explained to eBay I did not want to go through with the sale because of the address change and the sketchy eBay account. However, eBay failed to realize and explain to me that the private message I received was from another account. But that didn't matter either, they said they would cancel the transaction and that it would not be problem, without me having to explain much really. I was adamant on canceling the sale and I didn't bother to explain in great detail to them - I wanted to re-list my item ASAP.

Finally, after eBay cancelled the order, I received a private message from the eBay buyer that actually purchased my item. They asked why I cancelled the order. At that point, all the stars aligned and I realized what happened....

For anyone else, the user's eBay scam info has been exposed below. He's known online to do this. Such a bitch. :oops:

Toma Khabeishvili
8 McCullough Dr.
U187088
New Castle, DE
USA

Toma Khabeishvili
Toma Khabeishvili (44.7 KiB) Viewed 299677 times
On Social: Facebook, YouTubeInstagram, Twitter For best sellers: here.

Re: A clever eBay scammer exposed

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:24 pm

Might be also under the name

avtandili Chivadze
8 McCullough Dr. UNIT U05905
New Castle DE 19720

StayAlert

Post by StayAlert » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:45 pm

Glad you posted this. A little variation that I experienced. The legitimate buyer paid and then messaged that they were requesting to have it sent to a different buyer in Wilmington, DE with no other details. (planting the seed) Immediately after, I get a message from another ebay user asking it to be sent to the name and address in an attached image. I'm guessing it would be picked up in the text of the note by ebay and maybe flagged. At any rate, it was the same person you listed except in Wilmington. The user account was created and deleted the day of the sale. I'm guessing that after it shipped, the original buyer would claim no knowledge of the second party and ask for their money back. I cancelled the sale. The seller was probably in on yours as well.

Ohle1111

Post by Ohle1111 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:16 pm

He just did the same thing to me today, July 14, 2022. I'm in contact with Delaware police and eBay about him.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:10 am

I received the same scam. I sold an item and shortly after it was paid for I received a message that they wanted me to ship to a different address. noticed it was from a different eBay account. It was that same address in New Castle Delaware with a different name. I plan to ship it to the address on the legitimate buyer.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:30 am

Just letting you know that he's still around, still doing it to $1000+ items, and just did it to me twice. first as the actual buyer. then as the fake buyer after a real buyer snagged it. if he had just tried to use a different address I wouldn't have realized something was amiss. No matter what I wouldn't change the address, talk about a scam.

shittyguitarplayer34

Post by shittyguitarplayer34 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:33 am

Fucker just did it to me too

guest19

Post by guest19 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:17 am

They did it to me too today
Your helpful information has kept me out of trouble. Thank you, guys.

I reached this page by Googling the buyer's address, so posting the address searchable is of some significance. So I put it up in the hope that the text below will prevent the next victim.

mariami khalvashi
8 McCullough Dr
Unit U260719
New Castle DE 19720-2066
United States

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:15 pm

This just happened to a seller that I had paid for an item. A scammer posed as me and asked the seller to change the address to:
Ivane Javakhishvili
8 McCullough Drive
Unit U258187
New Castle, DE 19720

Unfortunately the seller sent my purchased item to this address. Why does eBay allow strangers to access the "Contact Seller" link once an item has been sold. You would think that should only be accessible by the winning bidder. Seems like a very simple fix that eBay chooses to ignore.

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Fri May 26, 2023 10:56 pm

Just did the same to me May 26, 2023. This time "brother was in a serious accident with family and he had to leave town. So send to Delaware address, blah blah. " Shame on ebay for not doing enough to prevent this!

an image of the address was sent:

Name: Tamar Pkhakzadze
Address: 1:8 McCullough Dr. UNIT U266089
Sity: New Castle (yes thats how they spelled it.ha)
State: DE
Zip: 19720