Apple Watch is saving messages even though deleted on iPhone

The best of the Internet. Dedicated to the most funny, interesting, and cool stuff on the Internet today.
funnyinterestingcool

Founder

Apple Watch is saving messages even though deleted on iPhone

Post by funnyinterestingcool » Thu May 28, 2020 12:46 pm

Annoying :evil: . You would think the "Mirror my iPhone" option on Apple Watch would do exactly what it says, including delete messages on the Apple Watch that were deleted from your iPhone. I guess all messages stay on the watch unless you use iCloud for syncing, which I don't. Frustrating. You will have to manually delete messages from your Apple Watch in this case:
Message deletion is not synced across Apple Watch and iPhone (and there is no way to enable this). Messages instead need to be deleted separately on each device.

The Mirror my iPhone setting for the Messages app on Apple Watch determines only how you are notified about new messages. If you choose Custom, for example, you can decide whether your watch shows alerts, whether sound and/or haptic alerts are provided and whether (including how many times) alerts are repeated when new messages are received.

To delete a Messages conversation on your Apple Watch:

Open the Messages app on your Apple Watch:
When viewing the time, go to the Home screen (by pressing once on the Digital Crown) > tap on the Messages app icon.
Or use Siri (eg "hey Siri, open Messages").
When viewing the conversation list, swipe left on the conversation that you wish to delete > tap Delete / Trash.

If you would like to submit a feature request to Apple, then you can do so here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html
On Social: Facebook, YouTubeInstagram, Twitter For best sellers: here.