Samsung T7 Portable SSD - White Frost / Powder - Corrosion?

The best of the Internet. Dedicated to the most funny, interesting, and cool stuff on the Internet today.
funnyinterestingcool

Founder

Samsung T7 Portable SSD - White Frost / Powder - Corrosion?

Post by funnyinterestingcool » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:34 pm

For anyone that purchased the Samsung T7 Portable SSD drives (still available on Amazon), you might notice a white substance / frost starting to appear around the USB-C port of the drive or on the USB-C cable itself. In addition, you may notice a darker color around the SSD case. It may be that some caps inside the SSD have bursted - either due to heat or consistent read/writes on the drive for an extended period of time.

We purchased the Samsung T7 Portable SSD in 2020 - 2022 and all drives exhibit the same issue.

We submitted a case to Samsung Support (You must call or test 800-726-7864 to file a case, Samsung will provide a unique URL to submit a case to). Samsung support uses an online ticket service https://livehelpnow.net/ or <samsungmemory@livehelpnow.net>

From reading online, it seems a lot of users are reporting the same issue but Samsung will only issue a replacement after you send back the original unit.

Please share your experience.

Samsung T7 Portable Ssd White Corrosion Frost 1
Samsung T7 Portable Ssd White Corrosion Frost 1 (297.09 KiB) Viewed 7272 times

Samsung T7 Portable Ssd White Corrosion Frost 2
Samsung T7 Portable Ssd White Corrosion Frost 2 (522.7 KiB) Viewed 7272 times

Samsung T7 Portable Ssd White Corrosion Frost 3
Samsung T7 Portable Ssd White Corrosion Frost 3 (658.54 KiB) Viewed 7272 times

Samsung T7 Portable Ssd White Corrosion Frost 4
Samsung T7 Portable Ssd White Corrosion Frost 4 (377.73 KiB) Viewed 7272 times

Samsung T7 Portable Ssd White Corrosion Frost 5
Samsung T7 Portable Ssd White Corrosion Frost 5 (290.09 KiB) Viewed 7272 times

Samsung T7 Portable Ssd White Corrosion Frost 6
Samsung T7 Portable Ssd White Corrosion Frost 6 (305.29 KiB) Viewed 7272 times
On Social: Facebook, YouTubeInstagram, Twitter For best sellers: here.

Re: Samsung T7 Portable SSD - White Frost / Powder - Corrosion?

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:55 pm

Just got off the phone with Samsung tech support. They asked for photos of the powder and serial number. I sent both. They would not comment on the powder. They told me that they would not transfer me to the SSD department unless I could provide an invoice for the purchase. As that invoice is long gone, I guess I am out luck. I was told I could go buy a new one.