Fix: google_pedestal_container inserted as a white blank block on page

The best of the Internet. Dedicated to the most funny, interesting, and cool stuff on the Internet today.
funnyinterestingcool

Founder

Fix: google_pedestal_container inserted as a white blank block on page

Post by funnyinterestingcool » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:51 pm

After migrating one of my AdSense sites, I noticed an odd piece of AdSense code loading at the bottom of all my pages (below the footer). It was creating a space for an Ad with the following dimensions:

Code: Select all

<ins id="google_pedestal_container" style="width: 100%; z-index: -1;"><div class="google-auto-placed pedestal_container" style="width: 100%; height: auto; clear: none; text-align: center;"><ins data-ad-format="auto" class="adsbygoogle adsbygoogle-noablate"  data-adsbygoogle-status="done" style="display: block; margin: auto; background-color: transparent; height: 875px;" data-ad-status="filled"><div id="aswift_3_host" tabindex="0" title="Advertisement" aria-label="Advertisement" style="border: none; height: 875px; width: 400px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: relative; visibility: visible; background-color: transparent; display: inline-block;"><iframe id="aswift_3" name="aswift_3" style="left:0;position:absolute;top:0;border:0;width:400px;height:875px;" sandbox="allow-forms allow-popups allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox allow-same-origin allow-scripts allow-top-navigation-by-user-activation" width="400" height="875" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no">

Each time the container loaded on my site, it would only insert a blank area. This caused for additional scrolling with no content and looked ugly. Unsure how this was being loaded, I simply blocked the google_pedestal_container from displaying on my site in a custom CSS file for my template. If anyone knows how or why this is loaded, please share. We do have auto ads for AdSense enabled on our site.

Fix To Remove google_pedestal_container displaying:

Code: Select all

ins#google_pedestal_container {
  display:none!important;
}
On Social: Facebook, YouTubeInstagram, Twitter For best sellers: here.