Accidently sent USDT (BEP20) to USDT (ERC-20) Coinbase Wallet - Lost (Coinbase Support Reply)

The best of the Internet. Dedicated to the most funny, interesting, and cool stuff on the Internet today.
funnyinterestingcool

Founder

Accidently sent USDT (BEP20) to USDT (ERC-20) Coinbase Wallet - Lost (Coinbase Support Reply)

Post by funnyinterestingcool » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:56 am

Upon a careful investigation, it appears that the transaction was performed using the Binance Smart Chain network.

Coinbase does not support the Binance Smart Chain network, and therefore, we do not have access to these funds. As a result, we are unable to recover the asset you mistakenly sent using an unsupported network. As expressed on the pop-up message under your receiving wallet address, we only support the ERC20 version of the token (while the Binance Smart Chain uses the BEP20 protocol), and any transaction sent through a different network might cause the loss of the asset.

I understand this is a frustrating experience. I wish there was more we could do, but we don’t have the ability to recover these funds at this time. In the future, I recommend sending a small test amount before sending any large amounts, especially when using an unfamiliar network like the Binance Smart Chain.

To learn more about the Binance Smart Chain, please see this help center article:
https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/t ... n--bep-2--

Thank you for understanding. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,
Coinbase Support
On Social: Facebook, YouTubeInstagram, Twitter For best sellers: here.