Violations of the YouTube monetization policies (Monetization Denial Reason + Google Support Feedback)

The best of the Internet. Dedicated to the most funny, interesting, and cool stuff on the Internet today.
funnyinterestingcool

Founder

Violations of the YouTube monetization policies (Monetization Denial Reason + Google Support Feedback)

Post by funnyinterestingcool » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:21 pm

After our YouTube channel did not receive monetization approval (first time applying to the YouTube Google AdSense monetization program), we wrote to creator support for more details. See bolded statement below. In summary, you will never know exactly why you failed the monetization application process...

-----------BEGIN YOUTUBE GOOGLE TEAM SUPPORT EMAIL-----------

I just wanted to set up your expectations that the YouTube Creator Support Team (us) is not the team that reviews your YouTube Partner Program Application. It’s our internal team.

Any materials reviewed and decisions made are out of our control and we don't have access nor can affect any of it. What we can do instead is to guide our partners on how to deal with this situation. As you may know, to keep your channel monetization in good standing or to monetize your account you need to follow our YouTube monetization policy. Don’t get me wrong as I believe in you that you follow our policy.

Your channel was reviewed by our internal team and found out that it does not comply with the YouTube monetization policies. What do I mean by that? If you’re monetizing on YouTube, it’s important that your channel follows YouTube monetization policies. These include policies described below, as well as YouTube’s Community Guidelines, Terms of Service, Copyright, Rights Clearance Adjustment policies, and Google AdSense program policies.

I troubleshooted your channel here and I did not find the internal team's findings on which the specific violation the channel has. I can confirm that they also did not show any details about their review for my eyes to see here. Though I do not have any specific video or violation on the policy that I can share with you, rest assured that I can provide our internal team’s perspective about what the internal team specifically checks your channel so you can assess whether your videos violated the policy and you can edit it before you can reapply.

Our reviewers check content that best represents your channel against our policies. Since our reviewers can’t check every video, they may focus on your channel’s:

Main theme
Most viewed videos
Newest videos
Biggest proportion of watch time
Video metadata (including titles, thumbnails, and descriptions)

Keep in mind that these are examples of content our reviewers may assess. Note that our reviewers can, and may check other parts of your channel to see whether it fully meets our policies. Please be mindful of the details from the title to your descriptions as they will also be assessed by our internal team. If they found out that your description did not match the video content, that might cause an issue with your YPP application.

-----------END YOUTUBE GOOGLE TEAM SUPPORT EMAIL-----------
On Social: Facebook, YouTubeInstagram, Twitter For best sellers: here.